Chatham Wealth Management is a fee-only, Registered Investment Advisor. Registered Investment must operate under the “Fiduciary Standard,” which is:
- Put the client’s best interest first
- Act with prudence; that is, with skill, diligence and good judgement of a professional.
- Do not mislead clients; provide full and fair disclosure of all important facts.
- Avoid conflicts of interest.
- Fully disclose and fairly manage, in the client’s favor, unavoidable conflicts.
Advisors identified as brokers or registered representatives, are governed by the suitability standard and are primarily compensated by commissions to sell a product or investment based on the following:
- Know your client and their financial situation.
- Recommend products or investments suitable for their situation.
With increased awareness, clients understand the benefits of the Fiduciary Standard. At Chatham Wealth Management, we look forward to understanding YOUR needs and putting YOUR interests first.